
Delhi blast: Pulwama house of suspect Dr. Umar Nabi demolished
Dr Umar Nabi, who was allegedly driving the Haryana-registered car that exploded, was working at the university as an assistant professor
The Centre has ordered a forensic audit of all records of the Al Falah University. It has also instructed the ED and other financial investigative agencies to check the money trail of the Haryana-based institution following the Delhi blast.
The decisions have been taken following a high-level meeting chaired by Union Home Minister Amit Shah, which reviewed for one-and-a-half hours the progress of the ongoing investigation into the November 10 blast near Red Fort in which 13 people lost their lives, reported PTI.
"An order has been issued to carry out a forensic audit of all records of Al Falah University. The ED (Enforcement Directorate) and other financial agencies were also asked by the government to check the money trail of Al Falah University," stated the report, quoting sources.
Also Read: Omar Abdullah condemns Delhi blast, says ‘Not every Kashmiri is a terrorist’
The Al Falah University at Dhauj in Haryana's Faridabad district near Delhi is a private institute that also houses a hospital on its campus.
Dr Umar Nabi, who, according to officials, was driving the Haryana-bearing registration number car that exploded, was also working with the university as an assistant professor. Three doctors associated with the university have been detained by the investigating agencies.
On Friday (November 14), the house of Dr Umar Nabi has been demolished by security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, officials said.
The demolition was carried out during the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, they said.
Meanwhile, the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) suspended membership of Al Falah University. The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, with membership of Indian Universities. It provides a forum for administrators and academicians of member universities to exchange views and discuss matters of common concern.
"It is intimated that, as per the Bye-laws of the Association of Indian Universities(AIU), all universities shall be treated as members as long as they remain in good standing," said AIU Secretary General, Pankaj Mittal.
Earlier, the Jammu and Kashmir police approached the Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice against Qazigund-based Dr Muzaffar in connection with the interstate 'white collar' terror module busted earlier this week.
Muzaffar is the brother of Dr Adeel, who was among the eight people, including three doctors, arrested in the case linked to the Red Fort blast.
‘Seven arrested from Kashmir’
The investigators said that of the eight arrested, seven are from Kashmir. They further revealed Muzaffar's name cropped up during the interrogation of those arrested, adding that he was part of the doctors' team that visited Turkiye in 2021, along with Muzammil Ganaie and Umar Nabi.
Also read | Red Fort blast tests Modi’s security credentials, global balancing act
Nabi, who was driving the explosives-laden car that detonated outside Red Fort on Monday, killing 13 people.
When police tried to trace Muzaffar, they only found that he had left India for Dubai in August. He is presently believed to be in Afghanistan. The three doctors were in Turkiye for 21 days.
Turkey refutes media reports
On Wednesday, Turkiye's Directorate of Communications Centre for Countering Disinformation put out a statement denying reports that its territory was being used for radicalisation.
Also read | Delhi blast a heinous terror act, says Centre after high-level meet
The media reports claiming that "Turkiye is linked to terrorist acts in India and provides logistical, diplomatic, and financial support to terrorist groups are part of a malicious disinformation campaign aimed at damaging bilateral relations", it said.
It said the claim that Turkiye engages in “radicalisation activities” targeting India or any other country is "purely disinformative and lacks any factual basis"
Arrested doctors gathered Rs 26 lakh
Earlier, investigators said that the doctors arrested in the “white-collar terror module” had gathered more than Rs 26 lakh to obtain components used in the Red Fort blast.
Also read | Red Fort blast probed as terror attack, Kashmir doctors under lens
According to investigators, the four accused-Dr Muzammil Ganaie, Dr Adeel Ahmad Rather, Dr Shaheen Sayeed and Dr Umar Nabi- contributed the money in cash and entrusted it to Dr Umar for storage and operational needs.
Dr Umar, a Pulwama native and assistant professor at Al Falah University in Faridabad, was driving the Hyundai i20 that detonated near Red Fort on Monday evening. Investigators suspect the financing formed part of a broader terror plot.
(With agency inputs)
Live Updates
- 14 Nov 2025 12:31 PM IST
Govt tracing terror network to its roots: BJP's Dilip Ghosh
On the Delhi terror blast case, BJP leader Dilip Ghosh said the government and investigative agencies are conducting a vigilant and thorough probe.
He noted that several individuals have already been arrested and that authorities are working to trace the roots of terrorism with the aim of eliminating it in the country.
Ghosh added that multiple agencies are involved in the investigation, and the full details will emerge as the culprits are identified and exposed.
- 14 Nov 2025 7:46 AM IST
J&K: Pulwama house of Dr Umar Nabi involved in Delhi blast demolished
The house of Dr Umar Nabi, who drove the explosive-laden car involved in the Delhi blast, has been demolished by security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, officials said on Friday (November 14).
The demolition was carried out during the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, they said.
Umar was behind the wheels of the Hyundai i20 that was laden with explosives. His identity was confirmed after DNA samples collected from the blast site matched with those of Dr Umar's mother.
Umar, who was known as an academically accomplished professional in his circle, allegedly turned radical over the past two years. Investigators said he had joined several radical messaging groups on social media.
- 14 Nov 2025 7:05 AM IST
17 held in Assam for directly or indirectly lauding Delhi blasts: CM
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has said that so far 17 people have been arrested for directly or indirectly lauding the Delhi blast.
The state government has adopted a zero-tolerance approach on this, the chief minister said on the sidelines of a programme on Thursday (November 13).
''We are examining over 100 social media posts and wherever we find clear encouragement or connection towards terrorism, we have arrested them and we will continue to do so till we crack the entire ecosystem,'' he said.
Later, during the media briefing after the cabinet meeting, the chief minister said that the situation in Assam is very different from the terror modules that led to the blast in Delhi.
''In Assam, Muslims are in majority in several districts while Hindus are in minority and seek their protection,'' he said.
''The fight here is very different and the facts emerging about 'doctor jihad' in Delhi, Haryana and UP cannot be compared to the challenges here,'' he said.
- 13 Nov 2025 8:48 PM IST
Strictest possible punishment for Delhi blast perpetrators; will send message to world: Amit Shah
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday said the punishment for those behind the blast in Delhi will send a message to the world that no one should ever dare to even think of such an attack again.
Shah was speaking, through video link, at the inauguration of Shri Motibhai R Chaudhary Sagar Sainik School and Sagar Organic Plant at Boriyavi village in Gujarat's Mehsana district.
His scheduled visit to the state was cancelled in the aftermath of the blast near the Red Fort on Monday evening that claimed 13 lives.
"All those who committed this cowardly act and those behind it will be brought before the law and given the strictest possible punishment. The Government of India and Ministry of Home Affairs are fully committed to ensuring this," Shah was quoted as saying in an official release.
He also expressed deep condolences for the families of the victims of the blast, it said.
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi's resolve to ensure strict punishment for all those responsible for this terrorist act will definitely be fulfilled," Shah said, as per the Press Information Bureau release.
"Punishment for the perpetrators of the Delhi terror attack will send a message to the world that no one should ever dare to even think of such an attack in our country," he added.
Under Modi's leadership, the entire world has recognised India's fight against terrorism over the past 11 years, and the prime minister is at the forefront of leading this fight globally, he said.
Shah was to visit Gujarat on Thursday to inaugurate a book fair in Ahmedabad and later attend the Sainik School and Sagar Organic Plant inauguration function of Dudhsagar Dairy. However, his visit was cancelled following the high-intensity car explosion in the national capital.
- 13 Nov 2025 7:18 PM IST
Red Fort blast victims suffer severe hearing damage
Several victims of the Red Fort blast are reporting severe ear injuries, with doctors noting widespread hearing problems and ear pain among those admitted. Of the 13 people killed in Monday’s explosion, only eight have been identified so far, as several bodies arrived dismembered.
Many of the injured are undergoing treatment at LNJP Hospital across multiple departments. An official told PTI that the emergency ward currently has 12 patients, “six in the isolation ward, four in the ICU, four in the neurosurgery unit, and one in the trauma centre.”
Among the injured are 28-year-old Md Safwan from Chennai, suffering pain in both ears, abrasions, and leg swelling, and 28-year-old Shiva Jaiswal from Uttar Pradesh, who has hearing issues in both ears, burns on his arm, forearm and face, and multiple abrasions.
Doctor Devinder Rai of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital said the impact of high-intensity blasts varies depending on proximity. "Some people are also more prone to what we call 'soft ears,'" he explained, noting risks of temporary or permanent hearing loss and tinnitus.
The blast, which tore through a slow-moving car on Monday evening, injured around 27 people. One more victim, Bilal, 35, from Jammu and Kashmir, died on Thursday.
(With agency inputs)
- 13 Nov 2025 6:56 PM IST
Centre orders forensic audit of Al Falah University after Delhi Blast
The Union government has ordered a forensic audit of all records of Al Falah University, days after the Delhi car blast that killed 13 people and left several injured. The decision followed a high-level review meeting chaired by Home Minister Amit Shah, which examined the progress of the investigation into the November 10 explosion near Red Fort.
"An order has been issued to carry out a forensic audit of all records of Al Falah University. The ED and other financial agencies were also asked by the government to check the money trail of Al Falah University," reported PTI, quoting sources.
The Haryana-based private university, which also houses a medical college and hospital, came under scrutiny after Dr Umar Nabi, the assistant professor believed to have been driving the car, was linked to the institution. Three doctors associated with the university have been detained. The university said it is fully cooperating with the probe.
(With agency inputs)
- 13 Nov 2025 6:36 PM IST
Congress demands all-party meeting on Delhi blast
The Congress on Thursday (November 13) demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi should immediately chair an all-party meeting in the aftermath of the Delhi blast and asked whether the "new normal doctrine" defined by the government following the Pahalgam attack of treating any future terror strike as an 'act of war' stands.
The opposition party also demanded that the Winter Session of Parliament, scheduled to start on December 1, be advanced so that there could be a debate on the incident.
Congress' media and publicity department head Pawan Khera called for fixing of accountability, asking whether Home Minister Amit Shah would take responsibility, given that several major terror attacks have occurred.
He recalled that the then home minister Shivraj Patil had resigned following the Mumbai terror attack under the UPA.
"The surprising thing is that after 48 hours, it was the Cabinet that announced that this was a terror attack," Khera said at a press conference in New Delhi.
Despite intelligence agencies being there and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval keeping a close watch, how did 2,900 kg of explosive reach Faridabad, he asked.
"We always stood with the government when a terror attack happened and will do so in future. But it is our duty to ask questions as to whose failure it is and who will take responsibility for it," he said.
"This act of terror draws its sustenance, support and inspiration from external forces. Therefore, we want to know from the prime minister whether the so-called new normal doctrine that was touted during Operation Sindoor and after Pahalgam by the PM and the BJP government, still stand," Khera said.
The Congress expresses its deepest condolences to the families of the innocent citizens who lost their lives in the horrific terror attack in Delhi, in the shadow of the Red Fort, a symbol of our nation's independence, he said.
"The people of India deserve to know why it took so long for the government to call this what it was, and why it failed to prevent yet another terror strike in the heart of the capital. This tragic incident once again exposes serious and repeated intelligence failures," he said.
Unity in action, in the wake of adversity, is the need of the hour, Khera said.
"The Government of India must engage with all political parties to ensure a cohesive approach to national security, strengthen coordination with state governments, and make every possible effort to ensure the safety of citizens and tourists, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir," he said.
- 13 Nov 2025 6:28 PM IST
Delhi Police advisory: Reach stations, airport well in advance
In view of heightened security arrangements across the national capital, the Delhi Police had issued an advisory urging passengers to reach railway stations, metro stations, and the airport well in advance of their scheduled departures to avoid inconvenience, an official said on Thursday (November 13).
Joint Commissioner of Police (Transport Range) Milind Dumbre said that an advisory on Wednesday had been issued to ensure smooth security checks and facilitate timely boarding amid intensified security measures in and around major transport hubs of the city.
"Passengers are advised to reach the railway stations at least one hour before the scheduled departure of their trains, metro stations at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure, and the airport at least three hours prior to their scheduled flights," Joint CP Dumbre said.
He added that the enhanced security deployment and thorough screening procedures have been put in place as part of precautionary measures.
"Security teams are conducting detailed checks of passengers, luggage, and vehicles entering these facilities. We urge all travellers to cooperate with the police and security personnel to ensure safety and smooth operations," he said.
Passengers' cooperation is solicited to maintain safety and ensure seamless travel arrangements, the Joint Commissioner added.
- 13 Nov 2025 5:27 PM IST
Flight ticket links arrested doctor to pre-blast Delhi visit
A flight ticket recovered from a garbage pile outside the Saharanpur residence of Dr. Adil Ahmad has drawn scrutiny as investigators probe the November 10 car explosion near Red Fort that killed 13 people.
Officials said the ticket showed that he travelled from Srinagar to Delhi on October 31, “barely 10 days before the blast.” The rented house in Aman Vihar Colony was sealed after intelligence teams searched it earlier this week. Ahmad, arrested on November 6, had been working at Famous Hospital, where colleagues described him as “quiet, polite and professional.”
Police allege he had links to Jaish-e-Mohammed and may have supported logistics for the group. CCTV footage allegedly showed him putting up posters for the outfit in Srinagar, prompting his arrest. A colleague said it was “painful that such an educated person could be involved in shameful acts.” Agencies are now examining his movements, contacts and records in detail.
(With agency inputs)
- 13 Nov 2025 3:35 PM IST
J&K Police seek Interpol notice for doctor linked to Red Fort blast
Jammu and Kashmir Police have sought an Interpol Red Corner Notice against Qazigund-based Dr Muzaffar, whose name emerged during the interrogation of suspects in the interstate “white collar” terror module busted earlier this week.
Officials said Muzaffar is the brother of Dr Adeel, one of eight people arrested in the case linked to the Red Fort blast that killed 13 people. Seven of those arrested are from Kashmir.
Investigators said Muzaffar was part of a doctors’ team that travelled to Turkiye in 2021 with Muzammil Ganaie and Umar Nabi, the latter accused of driving the explosives-laden car that detonated outside Red Fort on Monday. Police later found Muzaffar had left India for Dubai in August and is now believed to be in Afghanistan.
Turkiye’s Directorate of Communications, however, denied any role, calling media reports “part of a malicious disinformation campaign” and insisting claims of “radicalisation activities” were “purely disinformative.”
(With agency inputs)

