LIVE Delhi bomb blast
x
As part of the probe into the recent Red Fort blast in New Delhi, security officers raided a house in Karimabad in Pulwama district, Jammu and Kashmir. Of the eight arrested so far, seven are from Kashmir. Photo: PTI

Delhi blast: Pulwama house of suspect Dr. Umar Nabi demolished

Dr Umar Nabi, who was allegedly driving the Haryana-registered car that exploded, was working at the university as an assistant professor


Click the Play button to hear this message in audio format

The Centre has ordered a forensic audit of all records of the Al Falah University. It has also instructed the ED and other financial investigative agencies to check the money trail of the Haryana-based institution following the Delhi blast.

The decisions have been taken following a high-level meeting chaired by Union Home Minister Amit Shah, which reviewed for one-and-a-half hours the progress of the ongoing investigation into the November 10 blast near Red Fort in which 13 people lost their lives, reported PTI.

"An order has been issued to carry out a forensic audit of all records of Al Falah University. The ED (Enforcement Directorate) and other financial agencies were also asked by the government to check the money trail of Al Falah University," stated the report, quoting sources.

Also Read: Omar Abdullah condemns Delhi blast, says ‘Not every Kashmiri is a terrorist’

The Al Falah University at Dhauj in Haryana's Faridabad district near Delhi is a private institute that also houses a hospital on its campus.

Dr Umar Nabi, who, according to officials, was driving the Haryana-bearing registration number car that exploded, was also working with the university as an assistant professor. Three doctors associated with the university have been detained by the investigating agencies.

On Friday (November 14), the house of Dr Umar Nabi has been demolished by security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, officials said.

The demolition was carried out during the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, they said.

Meanwhile, the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) suspended membership of Al Falah University. The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, with membership of Indian Universities. It provides a forum for administrators and academicians of member universities to exchange views and discuss matters of common concern.

"It is intimated that, as per the Bye-laws of the Association of Indian Universities(AIU), all universities shall be treated as members as long as they remain in good standing," said AIU Secretary General, Pankaj Mittal.

Earlier, the Jammu and Kashmir police approached the Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice against Qazigund-based Dr Muzaffar in connection with the interstate 'white collar' terror module busted earlier this week.

Muzaffar is the brother of Dr Adeel, who was among the eight people, including three doctors, arrested in the case linked to the Red Fort blast.

‘Seven arrested from Kashmir’

The investigators said that of the eight arrested, seven are from Kashmir. They further revealed Muzaffar's name cropped up during the interrogation of those arrested, adding that he was part of the doctors' team that visited Turkiye in 2021, along with Muzammil Ganaie and Umar Nabi.

Also read | Red Fort blast tests Modi’s security credentials, global balancing act

Nabi, who was driving the explosives-laden car that detonated outside Red Fort on Monday, killing 13 people.

When police tried to trace Muzaffar, they only found that he had left India for Dubai in August. He is presently believed to be in Afghanistan. The three doctors were in Turkiye for 21 days.

Turkey refutes media reports

On Wednesday, Turkiye's Directorate of Communications Centre for Countering Disinformation put out a statement denying reports that its territory was being used for radicalisation.

Also read | Delhi blast a heinous terror act, says Centre after high-level meet

The media reports claiming that "Turkiye is linked to terrorist acts in India and provides logistical, diplomatic, and financial support to terrorist groups are part of a malicious disinformation campaign aimed at damaging bilateral relations", it said.

It said the claim that Turkiye engages in “radicalisation activities” targeting India or any other country is "purely disinformative and lacks any factual basis"

Arrested doctors gathered Rs 26 lakh

Earlier, investigators said that the doctors arrested in the “white-collar terror module” had gathered more than Rs 26 lakh to obtain components used in the Red Fort blast.

Also read | Red Fort blast probed as terror attack, Kashmir doctors under lens

According to investigators, the four accused-Dr Muzammil Ganaie, Dr Adeel Ahmad Rather, Dr Shaheen Sayeed and Dr Umar Nabi- contributed the money in cash and entrusted it to Dr Umar for storage and operational needs.

Dr Umar, a Pulwama native and assistant professor at Al Falah University in Faridabad, was driving the Hyundai i20 that detonated near Red Fort on Monday evening. Investigators suspect the financing formed part of a broader terror plot.

(With agency inputs)

Live Updates

  • 13 Nov 2025 10:35 AM IST

    Red Fort blast effect: Bus tyre burst creates panic in Delhi's Mahipalpur

    The loud sound caused by a bus tyre burst caused panic among locals in southwest Delhi's Mahipalpur area on Thursday morning, officials said.

    The Dehi Fire Services said they received a call at 9.19 am informing about a blast-like loud sound heard near Raddison in Mahipalpur, following which they pressed three fire tenders to the spot. Even after extensive checking, the officers found nothing at the spot.

    Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Amit Goel said, "The caller was contacted and he informed that while he was on the way to Gurugram, a loud noise was heard. We checked everything and nothing was found." "During local enquiry, a guard informed that the rear tyre of a DTC bus going towards Dhaula Kuan had burst and the sound came from that," the DCP said.

    The situation is normal and there is nothing to worry, he added. PTI 

  • 13 Nov 2025 10:24 AM IST

    Agencies hunt for missing third car linked to suspects

    Multiple security agencies are on the lookout for a third car believed to be linked to the Red Fort blast case, police sources said on Thursday.

    While a white Hyundai i20 exploded near Red Fort on Monday evening, killing 13 people and injuring 30 others, investigators later traced a second vehicle -- a red Ford EcoSport -- to Faridabad. However, a third car, suspected to be a Maruti Brezza, remains untraced.

    "The missing third car is suspected to have been used by the accused for reconnaissance or escape. Multiple teams are looking for the third car," said the source. Searches are being carried out in Delhi-NCR and adjoining states to locate the Maruti Brezza, he said. PTI 

  • 13 Nov 2025 10:23 AM IST

    Nine more arrested in Assam for 'offensive' social media posts, tally rises to 15

    Nine more people have been arrested in Assam for putting up "offensive" social media posts following the Delhi blast, taking the total number of apprehensions in this regard to 15, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Thursday. The fresh arrests have been made since Wednesday night.

    "In connection with the offensive social media posts following the Delhi blast, 15 persons have been arrested across Assam so far," Sarma posted on X.

    "In addition to the six arrests made yesterday, overnight, we arrested Rafijul Ali (Bongaigaon), Forid Uddin Laskar (Hailakandi), Inamul Islam (Lakhimpur), Firuj Ahmed alias Papon (Lakhimpur), Shahil Shoman Sikdar alias Shahidul Islam (Barpeta), Rakibul Sultan (Barpeta), Nasim Akram (Hojai), Taslim Ahmed (Kamrup) and Abdur Rohim Mollah alias Bappy Hussain (South Salmara)," he added.

    Assam police remain uncompromising against those who glorify violence, Sarma asserted. PTI

  • 13 Nov 2025 10:20 AM IST

    Death toll rises to 13 as another injured succumbs at LNJP Hospital

    The death toll in the blast near Red Fort early this week rose to 13 after another injured person succumbed to his injuries at the LNJP Hospital here, an official said.

    The deceased has been identified as Bilal, he said. According to Delhi Police, information about Bilal's death was received from the hospital early on Thursday morning.

    The postmortem will be conducted later in the day, officials said. With Bilal's death, the total number of fatalities in the high-intensity explosion on Monday evening has climbed to 13, while several others remain under treatment. PTI

  • 13 Nov 2025 10:06 AM IST

    CCTV shows blast accused Umar Nabi near Turkman Gate Mosque

    In a CCTV footage verified by Delhi Police, the accused Dr Umar Un Nabi is seen at Turkman Gate Mosque near the Red Fort in connection with the Delhi terror blast case.


  • 13 Nov 2025 9:50 AM IST

    Lal Quila metro station to remain closed till further notice: DMRC

    The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Thursday said that the Lal Quila metro station will remain closed till further notice due to security reasons.

    The station has been closed as security agencies are carrying out their investigation into the blast near the Red Fort on Monday evening, which killed 12 people and left several injured. "Lal Quila Metro Station will remain closed till further notice due to security reasons," the DMRC said in a post on X.

    Following the blast, the area around the historic monument has been cordoned off, with police and forensic teams conducting searches to gather evidence. PTI 

  • 13 Nov 2025 9:49 AM IST

    White-collar terror module: Counter Intelligence Kashmir carries out raids across Valley

    The Counter Intelligence wing of Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday carried out raids at several locations across the Valley in connection with the "white-collar terror module" and the recent blast near Delhi's Red Fort, officials said.

    The raids are currently being carried out by Counter Intelligence Kashmir (CIK) at 13 locations, they said. Around 15 people have been detained for questioning, and several digital devices and incriminating materials have been recovered, the officials said. Further details are awaited, they added. PTI

  • 13 Nov 2025 8:45 AM IST

    Accused raised Rs 20 lakh, bought fertiliser for IEDs: Sources

    Blast accused Dr Muzammil, Dr Adeel, Umar, and Shaheen jointly raised around Rs 20 lakh in cash, which was handed over to Umar. They later procured more than 20 quintals of NPK fertiliser worth Rs 3 lakh from Gurugram, Nuh and nearby areas intended for IED preparation. There was also a money dispute between Umar and Dr Mujammil. Umar created a group with 2-4 members on the Signal app: Investigative agency sources told news agency ANI

  • 13 Nov 2025 8:42 AM IST

    Body part recovered near blast site, sent for forensic examination

    A joint team of the FSL and Delhi Police recovered a body part from New Lajpat Rai Market, close to the blast site. The remains have been sent for forensic examination.


  • 13 Nov 2025 8:14 AM IST

    ‘India doesn’t need our help’: Marco Rubio hails Delhi blast probe professionalism

    US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has praised India’s “measured and professional” approach to the Delhi blast investigation, saying New Delhi’s response reflected the strength of its security agencies.

    Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the Group of Seven (G7) foreign ministers’ meeting in Canada, Rubio said the United States had offered assistance to India but acknowledged that Indian authorities were handling the probe effectively.

    “We’ve offered to help, but I think they’re very capable in these investigations. They don’t need our help, and they’re doing a good job,” Rubio said, according to Reuters.

    Rubio, who met External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on the sidelines of the G7 meeting, said he had discussed the explosion with his Indian counterpart.

    “They’ve been very measured and cautious and very professional in how they’re carrying out this investigation,” AFP quoted Rubio as saying. He added that the explosion was “clearly a terrorist attack” involving “a car loaded with highly explosive materials that detonated and killed a lot of people.”

Next Story