
Union Minister Amit Shah speaks in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday (July 30). Photo: Sansad TV
You gave away PoK, we will get it back: Shah's dig at Congress
Opposition MPs walk out over PM Modi's absence in the Rajya Sabha
Union Home Minister Amit Shah's address in the Rajya Sabha is currently underway. Taking a dig at the Congress, Shah declared, "You gave away Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, and it's our duty to take it back."
Shah also provided an update on recent security operations, stating, "The identity of three terrorists killed in Op Mahadev established Lashkar-e-Taiba’s hand in the Pahalgam attack."
Reads out PM's speech
He read out the Prime Minister's speech delivered on April 24, 2025, and said that following the PM’s guidance, not only were terrorists eliminated but their launch pad was also destroyed. He said that the government decided to end the one-sided Indus Water Treaty as Indian farmers have their rights on the Indus water.
Shah said that at least 100 people were killed and the headquarters of terror outfits such as Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed and Hizbul Mujahideen were destroyed by the Modi government.
“I proudly declare to the world... Hindus can never be terrorists,” he said, questioning the Congress Party for filing false cases against many "patriotic religious institutions".
“The Congress never took any concrete steps for the preparation of the Indian Army. During the war with China, we didn’t even have proper clothes to wear in the cold... there was neither salt nor matchsticks, and we had a severe shortage of guns and cartridges.” Shah said, under the leadership of Modiji, the Army is equipped with modern weapons like the BrahMos missile.
Earlier, when Shah began to speak, Opposition parties protested and demanded that the Prime Minister should be present in the House. However, when the Chair refused to entertain their demand, they staged a walkout.
Read our Parliament stories:
10 things PM Modi said about Op Sindoor in LS; Jaishankar, Nadda to address RS today
Highlights of Rahul Gandhi's speech in Lok Sabha today
Top 10 things Amit Shah said on Operation Sindoor in Lok Sabha
Priyanka Gandhi questions Centre’s accountability on Pahalgam attack
Modi’s speech in LS didn’t address Pahalgam ‘intel failure,’ Trump’s claims, says Oppn
Follow this space for more live updates
Live Updates
- 30 July 2025 11:55 AM IST
Gaurav Gogoi raises concern over illegal coal syndicate in Assam, Meghalaya
Congress MP Gaurav Gogoi questioned the lack of investigations and arrests following Enforcement Directorate (ED) searches at multiple locations—Jadigittim, Nongalbibra, Jadugopha (Bongaigaon), Margherita (Tinsukia), and Guwahati—across Assam and Meghalaya.
The ED probe had alleged that a syndicate involving individuals from both states, responsible for ensuring the unchecked movement of illegally mined coal across the Meghalaya-Assam border without any restrictions as papers were prepared to show this as legally mined coal.
In response, Minister of State for Coal Satish Chandra Dubey stated that the issue raised did not correspond with the specific subject submitted for discussion during Question Hour proceedings.
- 30 July 2025 11:50 AM IST
29 lakh spam numbers, 24 lakh WhatsApp accounts have been blocked: Scindia
Responding to a question on measures to combat cybercrime, Union Communications Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia informed the Lok Sabha that the 'Sanchaar Saathi' initiative has led to the disconnection of 29 lakh fraudulent phone numbers, the blocking of 5.5 lakh handsets, and the suspension of 20,000 bulk SMS senders, in addition to disabling 24 lakh fake WhatsApp accounts.
Highlighting further efforts to tackle telecom-related fraud, he added that 1.36 crore mobile connections found to be falsely duplicated have also been disconnected.
Addressing the issue of handset theft, Scindia mentioned the launch of a dedicated mobile app that allows users to block stolen phones and lodge police complaints. So far, 45 lakh reports have been filed, resulting in the tracing of 21 lakh handsets, of which 5.6 lakh have already been recovered and returned.
Speaking about international call fraud, particularly through the CIOR (Caller ID Overriding) system, he noted that 1.35 crore spoofed international calls were blocked on the very first day of implementation.
- 30 July 2025 11:45 AM IST
PM distorted facts, no 'clean chit ' was given to Pakistan: Karti Chidambaram
Congress MP Karti Chidambaram rebutted Prime Minister Modi’s claim that P Chidambaram gave a “clean chit” to Pakistan, calling it a deliberate and mischievous twist.
He clarified that his father, the former Home Minister, had only raised a legitimate question about whether the terrorists were homegrown or infiltrated from Pakistan.
Karti stressed that in both scenarios, Pakistan’s involvement was evident and never denied.
- 30 July 2025 11:42 AM IST
SIR a routine EC exercise, nothing new: Union Minister Prahlad Joshi
Union Minister Prahlad Joshi defended the Special Intensive Revision (SIR) exercise, stating it is not happening for the first time. He said SIR has been conducted multiple times, including in 2003.
He emphasised that the Election Commission, an independent body, is responsible for such decisions.
Joshi assured that the process is scientific and technology-driven, leaving no room for bias. He urged those with concerns to approach the Election Commission directly instead of politicising the issue.
- 30 July 2025 11:38 AM IST
Trump-Modi claims don’t match, someone isn’t telling the truth: Gaurav Gogoi
Congress MP Gaurav Gogoi raised doubts over the conflicting statements from US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Modi regarding the India-Pakistan ceasefire.
He said the mismatch suggests that either one of them is not telling the truth and it shows that there is no balance between the two governments
Gogoi questioned whether any discussions took place between Marco Rubio and India's External Affairs Minister Jaishankar. He urged the PM to clarify if he spoke to Trump in this context.
- 30 July 2025 11:35 AM IST
PM sent strong message to world, no one called ceasefire: Jagdambika Pal
BJP MP Jagdambika Pal praised Prime Minister Modi’s remarks during the Lok Sabha debate on Operation Sindoor, stating that the PM delivered a firm message to the global community, particularly Pakistan.
He asserted that the Prime Minister addressed all concerns raised by the Opposition. Pal emphasised that Modi categorically stated no world leader influenced India’s ceasefire decision.
- 30 July 2025 11:33 AM IST
Govt fails to see who the real enemy is: Akhilesh Yadav
Samajwadi Party MP Akhilesh Yadav criticised the Indian government’s failure to recognise the larger strategic threat behind Pakistan, pointing at China.
He said while all terrorists come from Pakistan, it is China that enables and supports them. Yadav warned that India risks repeating the same mistakes in every conflict scenario.
"Do we have to go through the same situation every time there is a war-like situation?" he asked.
He questioned why trade with China continues even as it allegedly encroaches on Indian land and undermines national security.
- 30 July 2025 11:30 AM IST
PM gave befitting reply to those trying to mislead the people: Kangana Ranaut
BJP MP Kangana Ranaut praised Prime Minister Modi for firmly rejecting claims of foreign intervention in the India-Pakistan ceasefire.
Referring to Modi's Lok Sabha speech on Op Sindoor, she said Modi gave a befitting response to those attempting to mislead the public by clearly stating that no world leader played a mediating role.
"They (opposition) gave an open challenge to PM Modi to say that there was no intervention of any other country, and PM Modi said it in the House that no world leader has intervened between India and Pakistan for the ceasefire," she said.
- 30 July 2025 11:27 AM IST
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reaches the Parliament
A special discussion on Operation Sindoor will continue in the Rajya Sabha today.
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, Leader of the House JP Nadda and Home Minister Amit Shah are expected to participate in the discussion.
- 30 July 2025 11:25 AM IST
SIR vital for to verify voter eligibility, Cong did it too: Kangana Ranaut
BJP MP Kangana Ranaut defended the Special Intensive Revision (SIR) exercise amid Opposition protests, calling it a crucial constitutional process to verify voter eligibility.
She claimed that the Congress had undertaken similar revisions 20–25 times during its tenure.
Ranaut argued that identifying ineligible voters is essential for electoral integrity and questioned why the Opposition is objecting to a process they once endorsed.